GAP Year Packing List
- Church clothing: Nice church clothes, long pants and collared shirts, dresses and skirts (modest length/ should be no shorter than the top of the knee)
- Clothes for ministry and school: t-shirts, long jeans, shorts (at least half way to the knee)
- Shoes: Sneakers and sandals
- Miscellaneous: pajamas, underwear, socks, hat, sunglasses, swimsuit (one piece or tankini that touches in the middle), sweatshirt or lightweight jacket (it may be nice to have at night)/ long sleeve shirts
Rain jacket & umbrella (for rainy season, which ends in November and starts again in April)
Overnight bag or backpack for weekend ministry
Toiletries (many are expensive in Costa Rica, so bring what you can):
- Toothbrush & toothpaste
- Soap, shampoo, conditioner
- Feminine care products
- Sun screen, aloe, and bug spray (these are especially expensive in Costa Rica)
Foldable Laundry Bin (can be bought in Costa Rica)
Supplies for classes – Notebook, pencils, highlighters, and pens.
Electronics: phone (we ask that students not use international phone plans), laptop, and charger.